As soon as you step through the antique temple doors, the attention to detail is immediately obvious. From the stunning tiles, magnificent teak staircase, vast windows and extraordinary etched mirror through to the delightful elephant mural which encompasses the villa motif, the energy in the villa is remarkable. Meda Gedara is a haven of calm sophistication, each step unveiling more original artworks, antique furniture and breathtaking views down through the tropical, landscaped gardens and over the split level pools to the turquoise ocean beyond.
Meda Gedara must be the most hidden gem in Sri Lanka. This place really is like nowhere else. A sophisticated, spacious villa which sits elevated among landscaped gardens, tropical plants over looking layers of swimming pools and tall shady palms down to the picture perfect, unspoiled coastline. The architecture and interior fuses British luxury with intricate local craftsmanship. The sound of rolling waves on the beach, gentle breeze through the palms and the most magical of sunsets makes Meda Gedara a special and unique paradise.Anna Henderson, London, UK
Lose yourself in Meda Gedara
Follow us on Instagram
- Did you know that peacocks are native to Sri Lanka? The male peafowl is known across the world for its stunning fan of feathers which form part of its mating routine. They'll dance and sing to attract females - often very early in the morning. Despite being renowned for their vibrant plumage, these birds are actually quite shy by nature. To catch a glimpse of one of these dazzling creatures, we recommend taking a trip out to one of the island’s national parks.
- Our favourite view after a long flight… Counting down the days until we can jet over to our little slice of paradise. Who’s with us? Tag your travel buddy below. ✈️
- Swathes of emerald green and a tantalising turquoise sea - Sri Lanka truly is the jewel of the Indian Ocean… And with all the comforts of home, and a few added little luxuries inside, our colonial family villa on the island’s south coast is a secluded haven where precious family memories are made.
- Who said romance is dead? Fabulous four-poster beds, breathtaking garden views, and a private ensuite bathroom - perfect for adding a little magic to your morning…
- We’re well aware of the benefits that yoga can have on your health, but are you? Flexibility, strength, and even mood can be improved by practising this ancient spiritual exercise. Not only does yoga help you to relax, but it can also improve your ability to focus. So, if you’re struggling to get that all-important task done, why not rise up into a backbend, or sit in Lotus for a while?
- We’ve poured our heart and soul into creating an inviting sanctuary at Meda Gedara. Our collection of canvasses have all been hand-painted by local artist, Indika. You can find him on Madilla Road in Tangelle.