As soon as you step through the antique temple doors, the attention to detail is immediately obvious. From the stunning tiles, magnificent teak staircase, vast windows and extraordinary etched mirror through to the delightful elephant mural which encompasses the villa motif, the energy in the villa is remarkable. Meda Gedara is a haven of calm sophistication, each step unveiling more original artworks, antique furniture and breathtaking views down through the tropical, landscaped gardens and over the split level pools to the turquoise ocean beyond.
Meda Gedara must be the most hidden gem in Sri Lanka. This place really is like nowhere else. A sophisticated, spacious villa which sits elevated among landscaped gardens, tropical plants over looking layers of swimming pools and tall shady palms down to the picture perfect, unspoiled coastline. The architecture and interior fuses British luxury with intricate local craftsmanship. The sound of rolling waves on the beach, gentle breeze through the palms and the most magical of sunsets makes Meda Gedara a special and unique paradise.Anna Henderson, London, UK
Lose yourself in Meda Gedara
Follow us on Instagram
- Your first tuk-tuk ride is an experience you’ll never forget. Whether it’s north, south, east or west, a tuk-tuk is the best mode of transport in Sri Lanka and will be at the Villa doors within minutes to take you to your next adventure. 🇱🇰
- Our villa garden is filled with the most beautiful wildflowers. Vibrant and bold, they are the perfect splash of colour to our tropical paradise at Meda Gedara. 🌺 Discover more of our gorgeous grounds via the link in bio.
- Have you ever seen a pool more inviting than this one? Bright blue and surrounded by gorgeous green leaves, it’s certainly the most perfect place for a splash around. Tell us in the comments who you would take for a swim 💦
- An open plan for an open mind. At Meda Gedara, we believe letting the light in is the best way to revitalise the soul and awaken your spirit, which is why our doors are always wide open.
- Meet at The Middle House. Somewhere between here and there, connecting you and them. Our luxury villa is designed for friends and family - the perfect place for love, laughter, and unforgettable experiences. In 2022, it’s more important than ever to reunite with loved ones, so reserve your dates at Meda Gedara now via the link in bio.
- Coral sands, crystal clear waters, and emerald greenery all await you at the bottom of the villa garden. Take a walk down the stunning south coast of Sri Lanka and feel the Indian Ocean wash over your feet. Tag the person you'd take a walk with in the comments👣