LUXURY BEACH VILLA
IN SRI LANKA
Welcome to Sri Lanka's finest villa Meda Gedara, our tropical home, our utopia.
After years of careful planning and intense scrutiny into what makes the perfect family villa, our 7 bedroom, beach front hideaway has been described by the travel industry's most discerning experts as "the most beautiful villa in Sri Lanka”.
Slide the 74ft jungle water slide
Explore our world of laid-back luxury, with a team of staff and private chef, a yoga shala, a cinema and a kids TV room. Let us take care of your every whim whilst you kick back and relax in paradise.
Unforgettable private barefoot luxury
Set in beautiful sculpted tropical gardens with a split level pool, deserted beach and panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. Make Meda Gedara your own for the ultimate holiday.
Lose yourself in Meda Gedara
Follow us on Instagram
- Who said romance is dead? Fabulous four-poster beds, breathtaking garden views, and a private ensuite bathroom - perfect for adding a little magic to your morning…
- We’re well aware of the benefits that yoga can have on your health, but are you? Flexibility, strength, and even mood can be improved by practising this ancient spiritual exercise. Not only does yoga help you to relax, but it can also improve your ability to focus. So, if you’re struggling to get that all-important task done, why not rise up into a backbend, or sit in Lotus for a while?
- We’ve poured our heart and soul into creating an inviting sanctuary at Meda Gedara. Our collection of canvasses have all been hand-painted by local artist, Indika. You can find him on Madilla Road in Tangelle.
- To celebrate International Tea Day, we’re sharing some quick facts about the world’s second most popular drink, outdone only by water. - The first commercial tea plantation in Ceylon - as Sri Lanka was formerly known - was founded in 1867 by James Taylor - Tea was accidentally discovered by the Chinese Emperor Shen Nung over 4,000 years ago - In the US alone, 1.42 million pounds of tea are consumed on a daily basis - Roughly 3 billion cups of tea are consumed across the globe each day English Breakfast or Earl Grey? Let us know your tea of choice in the comments.👇
- Handpicked and characterful, each item of furniture in the villa has been lovingly restored. Whether spotted at auctions or plucked from independent sellers across the world, there’s a story behind every piece, and Meda Gedara is the library where they all come together.
- THE BEST OF THE BEST! Thank you so much Sunday Times UK for featuring Meda Gedara in their shortlist of the most luxurious villas in the world. We are truly honoured and our wonderful staff should be very proud of themselves. We’ve recently been awarded KPMG Safe & Secure accreditation meaning our guests can go directly from the airport to the villa. We can’t wait to start welcoming friends and guests again. 🏝🥥🐘🦚🥂🙌