Next Retreat: 8th-15th February 2020
Welcome to Meda Gedara Villa, the perfect retreat destination. Whether you wish to attend one of our Om Ceylon retreats or organise your own retreat we believe we have every facility you need to enjoy, or manage, the perfect retreat. The accommodation sleeps up to 18 and is so versatile that it appeals to all budgets. With the ocean facing yoga shala, proximity to surfing beaches, plethora of local activities, brilliant chef creating menus to dream about and an incredible team of staff , what more could you ask for? Pack your bags.....
Om Ceylon yoga & adventure retreat
Saturday 8th - Saturday 15th February 2020
Om Ceylon is a retreat like no other, this is not your average retreat centre, this is exclusive luxury, bringing Sri Lankan retreats to a whole new level. Just being within our Ocean facing yoga shala is calming therapy but over the 6 days our brilliant teacher, Grace McGeehan will help you get your mind & body into a peaceful balance. At the end of every practice a butler will bring you a fresh king coconut, our incredible masseur will be available to ease out any stresses and our sensational menu will have you dreaming about your next delicious meal. You can expect the same level of detail to be applied to our retreats as we have given to the design of the villa and gardens.
Should you wish to explore the area then you're free to do so, we can help create the perfect itinerary for you during your stay.
Yoga & wellbeing retreats
Take yourself on a journey of relaxation, fitness and delicious food that will energise your mind, body and soul. You can wallow in the beautiful, luxurious surroundings, enjoy guided yoga practice, explore the rich culture and incredible scenery. At the end of the day you'll enjoy a candle lit dinner whilst watching the sunset dance upon the Indian Ocean. Meda Gedara’s peaceful spirit is the perfect place for you to unwind and connect with your own wellbeing.
We try not to be too serious about things, this is a holiday after all - being happy and having fun is highly recommended!
Join our Chef on a culinary journey that will tantalise your tastebuds and give you a deep understanding of the flavours of Sri Lanka. As well as perfecting some of the classic dishes that he puts his personal touch to, he will teach you to be adventurous with techniques. Meda Gedara is the perfect location to indulge in all things delicious and enjoy lovely long meal times before a super relaxing afternoon spent dozing in a hammock or perhaps having a competitive game of table tennis. Your time is your own to create the perfect retreat for you.
Escape to paradise
Whether you are looking to book a retreat or organise one yourself, Meda Gedara is the perfect location to escape to. Enjoy peaceful views of the ocean, indulge in delicious Sri Lankan cuisine, and spend time concentrating on you.
Lose yourself in Meda Gedara
Follow us on Instagram
- Did you know that peacocks are native to Sri Lanka? The male peafowl is known across the world for its stunning fan of feathers which form part of its mating routine. They'll dance and sing to attract females - often very early in the morning. Despite being renowned for their vibrant plumage, these birds are actually quite shy by nature. To catch a glimpse of one of these dazzling creatures, we recommend taking a trip out to one of the island’s national parks.
- Our favourite view after a long flight… Counting down the days until we can jet over to our little slice of paradise. Who’s with us? Tag your travel buddy below. ✈️
- Swathes of emerald green and a tantalising turquoise sea - Sri Lanka truly is the jewel of the Indian Ocean… And with all the comforts of home, and a few added little luxuries inside, our colonial family villa on the island’s south coast is a secluded haven where precious family memories are made.
- Who said romance is dead? Fabulous four-poster beds, breathtaking garden views, and a private ensuite bathroom - perfect for adding a little magic to your morning…
- We’re well aware of the benefits that yoga can have on your health, but are you? Flexibility, strength, and even mood can be improved by practising this ancient spiritual exercise. Not only does yoga help you to relax, but it can also improve your ability to focus. So, if you’re struggling to get that all-important task done, why not rise up into a backbend, or sit in Lotus for a while?
- We’ve poured our heart and soul into creating an inviting sanctuary at Meda Gedara. Our collection of canvasses have all been hand-painted by local artist, Indika. You can find him on Madilla Road in Tangelle.